Sunday, September 16, 2007

My first Barnes & Noble Signing

Hello,

My first major book signing in Salt Lake City went great. On Friday, September 14, I was at the largest Barnes & Noble in town, the Sugarhouse branch. I was there from 6-9 PM and spoke in the café from 6:30-7:00, which was also very fun. I was a little nervous, but a bunch of old friends and new friends showed up. I just love my friends and my wife Tam really helped out a lot. The best thing about doing the signing was having a good excuse to see friends I hadn’t seen in a while. I miss them and my secret plan for my writing career is to use my book tours/signings to get together and see old friends—and to make new ones of course.

I hung out at my table near the front door and met lots of book lovers. The meerkat named Little Bhoki, from my meerkat mafia story, The Mob, featured in the Furry Fantastic anthology was there. Little Bhoki loves watching people, so I brought him along. I also had free booty including: chocolate nuggets in a treasure chest, promo cards with the cover of my first novel The Golden Cord, and cards with the Pirates of the Blue Kingdoms cover on it. I was signing copies of the Pirate book with my Pirate Witch story in it, and sold quite a few. Thank you all who got one. My stock is nearly out, but I have a few autographed copies left that can be purchased on my website. Remember, getting booty is good. [grin]

So, I read the first page and a half of the Pirate Witch story in the café and read the back of the book excerpt of The Golden Cord. It all turned out great and the media relations person asked me to come back when my novel comes out in April. I can’t wait. The store manager was great to me also.

I’ll be a guest at a local convention next weekend, Mountain-Con. Check out http://mountaincon.org/x/page/ for more information. It’s going to be great.
I’ll be on a bunch of panels and will be doing a reading at 4:00 on Friday September 21.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me. I truly appreciate you all.


Love,


Paul Genesse

www.paulgenesse.com

Author of The Pirate Witch
In Pirates of the Blue Kingdoms

Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series
Five Star Books (April 2007)


2 comments:

Bitter Larry said...

Wish I could have been there. Congratulations - glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

All kinds of movies & music DVDs I have seen at Barnes&Noble store through Couponalbum.com and I bought a DVD of Romeo & Juliet movie from this store at only $4.99 through CouponAlbum shopping site.....!