Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life, The Universe, and Everything Recap

 

What a great convention! I loved LTUE! (www.ltue.org) It was my first time attending and I can say for sure that I'll be there next year. It was very academic and filled with readers and writers of the highest quality. Having it at BYU was excellent. The organizers did a wonderful job and it came together well. I enjoyed my panels very much. I was the moderator of the World Building panel today and we had a really fun time. It was hard to cover things in an hour, but it worked out. (I'm posting a panel hand out pretty soon--for those of you who are interested. Maybe later tonight.)

 

Anyway, I met lots of new friends and got to hang out with three of my writer buddies: Rebecca Shelley, JoSelle Vanderhooft, and Patrick Tracy. We had lots of fun hanging out. They are so great, mostly because they put up with me.

I had such a fun time and at the very end I ran into Orson Scott Card. We had a great chat and he wanted to read my work, so I gave him a copy of Fellowship Fantastic. It was surreal signing the book to him. Wow. I hope he likes it. Maybe I can write a story for his magazine? Anyway, things are good.

The big news is that JoSelle was nominated for a Stoker award for her poetry collection, Ossuary. She's an amazing writer and poet. I'm so proud of her. The awards will be handed out at the World Horror Convention here in Salt Lake City in March. It would be so cool if she wins I am so going to be there pulling for her. Visit her online at http://josellevanderhooft.com/ and get a copy of Ossuary. It's dark and scary and you won't soon forget the poems.

 

Best wishes,

 

Paul Genesse

 

www.paulgenesse.com

 

Author of The Golden Cord

Book One of the Iron Dragon Series

No comments: