Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Clayton Middle School

 

I went to Clayton Middle School today and spoke to a couple of 7th grade classes. My friend Stephenie's daughter, Valerie, goes to school there and I wanted to see her. I spoke in Mr. Lambson's class to a total of around 60 kids in two separate sessions. They were a good group and I had fun chatting with them, especially Valerie's group. Mr. Lambson is a really good guy.

Val's class was basically the last group of kids that I was going to talk with on this phase of the tour. It felt good to be there and see them. I heard afterward that the kids were surprised at how funny (and smart) that I was. I definitely do a little stand-up comedy routine when I speak to the kids. Today was the cap to the tour and I feel a lot more comfortable now, then I did when I started.

I loved seeing Valerie. She's a great girl with so much potential. When she was little, I really loved her. During the last few years I haven't spent much time with her, but back then I wished I had a daughter just like her.

All in all, Clayton Middle School was a great way to end this phase of the tour.

Paul Genesse, Author of The Golden Cord

www.paulgenesse.com

No comments: