Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fan Art

1980_01_010397.JPG


Here is a leather tooled image of the cover of The Golden Cord. A man named, Allen Stratton is a master leather tooler. He shapes and paints leather, usually belts and such. He made me a check book cover, which you see above. It took him three weeks to do this and the picture doesn't do it justice. It's really beautiful. I'm humbled and very grateful for such an incredible gift.

Paul Genesse
Author of The Golden Cord
www.paulgenesse.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow. That's got to be the coolest fan gift type thing ever! Who is this lovely person who created this? He's got one heck of a talent!

Paul Genesse said...

It's the coolest gift. The lovely person who created it is a man named Allen Stratton. Him and his wife Fran are one of my two second families. I stayed with him while on my book tour. He's the father of a college friend. He's such a great guy.