Sunday, December 30, 2007

From Dune to Medusa, to Fellowships

Hello,

I managed 2,000K this week. I only wrote for one night, for a few hours--last night. I haven't gone to bed yet. I did redo one chapter and got it all spiffed up, then wrote a new chapter, which turned out to be so wicked. I love it. Medusa is so bad and so twisted. I think the readers will love how this chapter ends. It's nasty and twisted.

So, with my wife Tam's help, I sent out 37 advanced reader copies of The Golden Cord to reviewers this week. There are more to go out, but it was a great start. Also, I haven't sent to that many newspapers yet. I also changed my book release party to May 10, not May 3, as the release date for The Golden Cord is now April 16. It used to be earlier. Anyway, Five Star says to wait 3 weeks before scheduling any book events, so that's what I'm doing.

I also managed to read the last 300 and something pages of the Sandworms of Dune book. It's the final book of the Dune series and it ended well. My review is on Amazon.com. I don't like Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson's writing style overly much, but they did well with these two books compared to their previous efforts.

I'm also reading Fellowship Fantastic, the anthology that I have the lead story in. I bought 20 copies from the publisher and I'm so excited to read the stories in it. You can get an autographed one on my website. www.paulgenesse.com. A great review came in from the net. Check it out at http://otter.covblogs.com/archives/cat_fantasy.html

I have only one shift this week, tonight, then I'm off for a few days. I'll be doing the next Writers' Symposium Ezine and writing more of Medusa's Daughter. I'm up to 46,000+ words and things are good. I just need to write more!!

Take good care, happy new year and I hope you're well.

Paul Genesse, Author

Website: http://www.paulgenesse.com/

Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series
(Five Star Books, April 2008)

1 comment:

John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said...

Paul, Thanks for the link and the good story. I thought you might like the direct link to the review, rather than just the category (which is always getting updated so that you review will get pushed to somewhere in the middle, and be hard to find.) Keep up the good work.

Here it is Fellowship Fantastic