Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How To Read Body Language


I CAN READ YOU LIKE A BOOK
: how to spot the messages and emotions people are really sending with body language, by Gregory Hartley and Maryann Karinch


I found this book at my work and took it home on a whim. It’s a quick read and is all about how to read body language and read hidden messages in people’s behavior. I learned that there are no absolutes. Everything has to be interpreted through context and culture. However, there are quite a few clues that are universal, and if you pay attention to them, you can learn a lot about what people are “not saying.”

The main source, Gregory Hartley, was an interrogator for the military and has vast experience. I’ve seen him on TV and think he’s the real deal.

If you want some more information on how to better interpret people’s behaviors and learn more about body language, this book is for you. As a writer myself, I picked up some great physical cues to use in my work, to give the characters in my novels and stories more accurate responses to situations. I am definitely better for having read this book, but am more interested in reading one of his previous books, which I believe is called, How To Spot a Liar.


Paul Genesse
Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series
www.paulgenesse.com

No comments: