Monday, February 9, 2009

Greensword

Greensword: A Tale of Extreme Global Warming (Five Star Science Fiction and Fantasy Series) Greensword: A Tale of Extreme Global Warming by Donald J. Bingle


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars




GREENSWORD, a novel by Donald Bingle is one of those stories that works on so many levels. First of all, you hope to god it will never come true. The story centers on what a tiny environmental group is willing to do for the cause they believe in—stopping global warming.



You can read the novel GREENSWORD and just think about what’s happening on the page, but there’s much more there. Bingle examines the nature of the modern American thinking about how to solve problems today. You go for the quick solution, the expedient one, right? This novel of both hilarious and frightening fiction explores the insanity of the our modern world and points out how a “noble” idea can be taken so far you lose sight of the original goal. It shows that even the best of intentions might be a tad misguided. It pokes fun at our world and makes you wonder about the state of the planet in a whole new way.



In my final analysis, I was drawn into the book and couldn’t put it down. Despite the fact that I disliked most of the characters, I was intrigued by them and secretly rooted for them even though I knew I shouldn’t. Keep in mind that many of these characters are not meant to be liked. They are there to serve the story and entertain, of which they do an admirable job.



I judge a lot of books by their ability to make me keep reading. This one did. I simply had the need to see what happened next. I read the whole thing it two sittings, reading the last 200 pages in the second sitting. It’s a short book, just over 250 pages, so it’ll be a quick read either way. If you aren’t able to pick up a copy, ask your library to order one for you, then sit back and enjoy an extreme tale of global warming.



Happy reading,





Paul Genesse

Author of The Dragon Hunters

Book Two of the Iron Dragon Series

www.paulgenesse.com






View all my reviews.

No comments: