Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ConDuit Convention Book Signing


Hello,


The pirates were out in force at the ConDuit convention in Salt LakeCity this past weekend. Many people were dressed as buccaneers. Most of them stopped by to say hello at my book signing. I even ran into the Dreaded Pirate Roberts #7,352--hey, that's what his T-shirt said! He bought a book and wished me well. The convention was a lot of funand the salt water taffy (made from imported water from the Blue Kingdoms) went over well. Too bad it was all stolen during one of mypanels! Just kidding. [grin]
Arrrr!
The ConDuit convention here in Salt Lake City went great. It's a small convention, but was very productive for me and allowed me practice my book promotion strategies. I networked with fans and authors, hung posters, did a reading, a signing, and was on four panels.Everyone noticed the promo posters-the ConDuit staff let me put up a big 16x25 poster right beside the door into the dealer's room.
A dealer, Hastur Games, let me hang a poster at their booth as well, plus they let me display a few books on the table and sold some for me. Everyone appeared to love the book cover and checked out the posters.
It was my first ConDuit in two years, and my first as a published author, so few people knew me. I did manage to sell a few books during the signing, and had drawings for a book at three of the panels and at my reading. I also gave out about 180 bookmarks.
I also gave a copy of Pirates of the Blue Kingdoms to a reviewer, Rex Rouviere, known as T-Rex on his online radio show on http://www.iscifi.tv/. He said he would review our book. Check out the link below to listen to a pod cast containing an interview with Alan Dean Foster, who Rex interviewed a few weeks ago. He told me that after I said I was so excited to be in the same anthology as Alan Dean Foster. My story, Almost Brothers is going in the Fellowship Fantastic anthology from DAW Books, which also features a story by Mr. Foster. It comes out in January of 2008. So, the interview with Mr. Foster is at the 28 minute mark of the show. There's some funny fanboy skits, sci-fi news and such on the show, run by fans.
Listen to the Alan Dean Foster interview by going to:http://www.iscifi.tv/podcast/
Rex offered to interview me before my novel comes out next year. He also said to refer authors I knew to him, to be interviewed on the show.So, all of you authors should get in touch with him if you're interested in doing an interview. Email Rex Rouviere and mention that I sent you his way.
Rex is a big gamer, (D&D), and he plays D&D online and much more. He helps run Mountain Con, a local fan convention here in Salt Lake City that gets some of the stars to come out-like Richard Hatch from Battlestar Galactica and lots of Star Trek actors. Visit the main ISCIFI site at http://www.iscifi.tv/ or visit http://mountaincon.org/ for information on that con.
Best wishes,
Paul Genesse, Author
Author of The Pirate Witch
in Pirates of the Blue Kingdoms
Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series
(Five Star Books, April 2008)

No comments: