Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Legacy Prep School

 

I visited a great school in North Salt Lake today, Legacy Prep. The son of my friend, Jennifer Jensen, and her niece go to school there. I loved meeting Hunter and Shania. They are great kids and I've heard such good things about them from Jennifer. I work with Jennifer at the hospital. Jen is a great nurse and an even better friend. Both of the kids have a very good energy about them, and I can see why Jen loves them both so much.

I also enjoyed meeting Mrs. Dawn Christensen, Hunter and Shania's teacher. Mrs. Christensen was very nice and all of the students were very friendly. I had a fabulous time speaking to them. I first spoke to a large group of students, three classes, and we had a fun time. They had great questions and I really enjoyed interacting with them. Also, Jennifer was able to attend the speech, and I loved seeing her there.

The other teachers were also very friendly and fun to chat with. After the large assembly, the kids and I took a break, then two classes came back together and we did a mini writing workshop. It was so much fun to teach the students about writing fiction. The teachers got into it as well, and we had so much fun. We made up a funny story as a group project. The tale came out really well and the kids were so smart. They had such good ideas and when we were done, the story was awesome.

I was able to chat with a few of the students after the workshop and hope to see them again, perhaps at my book signing at the Barnes and Noble in Sugarhouse on June 6, from 7-9 PM. I love speaking with smart kids and the kids at Legacy Prep are amazing.

 

Paul Genesse, Author of The Golden Cord

www.paulgenesse.com

No comments: