Monday, May 19, 2008

Whitney High School

Hello,

Today was a great day. I spoke at Whitney High School in Cerritos, California--which is in the L.A. area. It was wonderful. The students there are very smart and the school was rated the best in California numerous times. The teachers and kids are top notch.

I was greeted so warmly by Ms. Denise Saudedo, a very smart woman who is the school's counselor. She's also a flamenco dancer and is living the message I brought: find what you're passionate about and do it. For me, it's writing and being a nurse.

I loved speaking with the kids and spoke to four separate groups, three large groups and one small one. They were all very sharp and I was very impressed with their maturity and character. Several of the students hung out with me during their lunch time and that was a lot of fun, as I read them the first few pages of The Golden Cord and we chatted.

I really enjoyed meeting Crystal and several of the other students. Leia C. just emailed me another question she had I wrote her back. If any of you out there have a question, ask me through email or on my blog. I'd be happy to get in touch when I have a moment. I managed to escape the L.A. area and am now in Riverside for tonight.

So, the cool thing about today was meeting all the great kids. Andrew (a student ambassador) and Ms. Saucedo met me when I arrived and the whole visit was extremely rewarding. I hope to return someday to that wonderful school and hope the students enjoyed my message. I really loved sharing my journey with them and hope they share theirs with me someday.

Best wishes,

Paul Genesse, Author of The Golden Cord
www.paulgenesse.com

No comments: