Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September Update Letter



Below is the email update I sent out in September. It has lots of info about what's going on with me this month.

Hello,

I hope you’re doing great. Please drop me a line and we’ll catch up. I’ve had an awesome summer and my blog has most of the details. I would love to exchange personal email, just send me a quick note, or a big one, and I’ll email you back. Email me at [pgenesse(at)msn(dot) c o m]

The fast update is that the book has been out for five months and it’s doing great. The Golden Cord is the fastest-selling fantasy novel my publisher has ever had I’m their bestselling fantasy author, so life is good. Book two comes out November of 2009 and I’ll definitely do another book tour.

In other writing news, I’ve just had some short stories come out. My story, Greg and Eli, in the Imaginary Friends anthology (DAW Books Sept. ‘08) has gotten some good reviews. Also, my twilight zone type story, God Pays, in The Dimension Next Door anthology (DAW Books, July ’08) is one of my favorites. The third pirate witch story came out, Captain Maeve, in the newest Blue Kingdoms book. My website has all the info on the stories and links. www.paulgenesse.com

If you live in the Salt Lake City area we should hang out. I’ll be signing books at Local Author night at the Sugarhouse Barnes and Noble on Friday, September 12 from 7-9 PM. Let me know if you’re free for dinner beforehand and we’ll get together.

Also, a bunch of my fantasy art collection will be on display at the same Barnes and Noble on September 19 (and for a few days before and after) at the new Eragon book release party. The book is called Brisingr. The Barnes and Noble people asked me to come and sign books that night as well, on Friday, September 19 from 9PM to midnight. Free posters and bookmarks for everyone at both signings!

And don’t forget Mountain Con, which is taking place September 19, 20, and 21 at the Davis County convention center. I’ll be there on some writing panels and will be enjoying the con. I’d love to see you there. It’s a fun convention and the organizers are amazing.

Best wishes and please keep in touch.

Paul Genesse, Author and Editor
Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series

No comments: