Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Attack of the Wild Turkeys

B1469D83-2629-40FA-877F-166E0893D05C.jpg


Sacramento, California, November 4-5, 2009


We were attacked by wild turkeys on our way to Sutterville Elementary School. Who knew that this could even happen in a subdivision of Sacramento?! We were driving from my cousin Colleen’s house to the school and a whole flock of them entered the road, and gobbled a dire warning. Had they come for revenge? It’s no secret what my favorite Thanksgiving food item is. The attack was brief and Tammy scared them off with our camera. Check out the pictures for proof on the Facebook public link, at the end of this post.

The visit at Sutterville was one of my best of the tour. I loved my speech to the kids, and the writing workshop was fantastic. We came up with an awesome story about a purple and black haired goth girl who is murdered by her father. It was very well done and I’m so thankful for the kids’ incredible ideas. The signing afterward was awesome, and a visit like this one made me feel so good about the tour.

The day before was also quite special, as I visited my cousin Emily at her school, California Middle School. I was very happy with my speech and the writing workshop was really fun. The kids came up with a story about a ginger haired girl, who liked to kill her cougar mom’s boyfriends. The story was the most twisted of the entire book tour and the students did a great job with it. Bravo to them!

Getting to visit my cousin Emily, and her friend, Jenna at the school and later at dinner, was a real highlight. We all had dinner over at cousin Joanna’s later, and it was wonderful to get to hang with my peeps. Check out the photos on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161730&id=583339135&l=5fcff8eea0

Best wishes,

Paul Genesse
Author of The Dragon Hunters
www.paulgensse.com

No comments: