Tuesday, November 10, 2009

San Francisco & Miller Creek Middle School

San Francisco and San Rafael, November 1-2, 2009

There we were, surrounded by flesh-eating plants and poisonous flowers, when Tam reminded me we were not lost in the jungles of Venezuela. We were in the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. I met my wife, Tam, her sister Deanie, and our friends Lily, Cary, Glenn, and Jackie on Sunday morning at Lily and Cary’s apartment, which is right off the park. Deanie and Tammy (and our friends) had been touring San Francisco for the past couple of days, and finally I met up with them.

I hadn’t seen Tam in two weeks, so it was great seeing her again. Then we had an adventure in Golden Gate Park and fun was had by all. Check out the photos on Facebook with this link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=160934&id=583339135&l=6e0381c708

The next day I visited Miller Creek Middle School in San Rafael, just north of San Francisco. Tammy, my friends (Glenn, Jackie, and Lorrie), were able to come along and I’m glad they were there. The speech went fairly well, not my favorite, then I did two writing workshops. They went all right, but I must have been off my game, as I had a little trouble getting the kids to focus on creating the story with me. The signing went well, and lunch afterward was great. I have such awesome friends who support me no matter what.

Paul Genesse
Author of The Dragon Hunters
www.paulgenesse.com

No comments: