Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What makes something perfect?

The Wilson’s in Whittier, plus Leffingwell Elementary School, October 26, 2009

While I was in Los Angeles on my book tour, I visited the city of Whittier, where my friends Jason and Natalie Wilson live with their kids, Ariel and Chara. I love them all so much, and am so happy to be “Uncle Paul” to Ariel and Chara. Jason is now Dr. Wilson, and works as a professor at Biola University after attaining his PhD in statistics. He’s such a good man and his kids are amazing. I wish I lived closer so I could see them more. The visit was too fast. I’ve got pictures on Facebook at this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=160869

I visited Leffingwell Elementary School in Whittier and had a good time speaking to the kids. The people at the school were very hospitable and I would definitely go back. Then I went to Whittier High School in Cerritos, which is one of the top-rated, if not the highest rated school, in all of California. I spoke to some students in the career center during lunch, and then did a writing workshop for about 120 students. It all went very well. It was my second time visiting them and I would absolutely go back. It was one of my better speeches, and the high school kids seemed to be quite into it. I love it when the speech comes off like that.

Best wishes,

Paul Genesse
Author of The Dragon Hunters
www.paulgenesse.com

No comments: